Coming Soon


October 28, 2010

Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It tells the story of a single man and woman that discover they have been chosen to be the guardian for their mutual friends' baby daughter. This is very easily one of the popular movies as I would call it. There is no life changing story line or award worthy acting, but I was surprised at how good this movie was. Movies like this one tend to be highly predictable and completely cliche. This one was pretty cliche, but I was surprised that it wasn't as predictable as others. Katherine Heigl's films tend to fit into this highly predictable category, so I am glad this one branched out a tiny bit. I say a tiny bit, because Heigl's character is the same as many other characters she has played. Alternatively, her co-star Josh Duhamel continues to impress me. I have always wondered how he is not the male lead in every female-oriented, date night movie made right now. He is gorgeous; therefore, I assumed he had very poor acting skills. The opposite was seen in this movie. He appears to have a range of abilities as he showed many different sides of the same character in this movie.

Overall, this is the perfect date night movie. The story has a unique twist to it. The acting is good and the writing provides just the right amount of humor. The underlying message that life doesn't always happen the way you imagined is always a good reminder (and up-lifter in my opinion). If you are going to the movies, this one would be a great choice, especially if you have someone special to go with you.