Coming Soon


January 31, 2011

Best of 2010- The Burnies!

Now that award season is in full-swing I have had time to think about my choices for the best movies of the year. I had a lot of trouble choosing just one film for different categories, such as drama or comedy. Instead here is my list of the best films of the year overall, in no particular order. It is clear that dramas dominated the movie scene in 2010. I had a lot of trouble finding a great comedy for the year. The Hollywood Foreign Press Association chose The Kids Are Alright for their best comedy. I think this was a great story to tell but was rather serious to be a comedy and not as memorable as other films this year. Most of these have been reviewed on the blog, so you can check those out for more details.

Inception
Toy Story 3
Social Network
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
Shutter Island
The Town
The Fighter
True Grit
The Kids Are Alright
King's Speech
Black Swan