Coming Soon


July 16, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

This is the final film in a decade long series. The movie is emotional, exciting, and action-packed!. I thought it was a great movie, but actually enjoyed Part 1 more than Part 2. It felt like it should have been more epic and final. Everything technically about the film is, of course, spectacular! The emotion that is portrayed, and felt by the viewer, is perfect for the final film. We have spent a whole decade with these characters and longer if you read the books before. There is a lot of emotion associated with that much time. The story is also great! The ending to this journey brings everything to a close!

With all this said, I did feel some changes could have been made to make this movie really monumental. Part 1 created the feeling that something huge was coming, the ending was going to be far beyond what we could have imagined. The final scenes of Part 2 just fell flat. There was no strong feelings whatsoever. It was just finished.  (I have already hear many book-readers were disappointed with some changes that were made. I didn't read the books, so I can't attest to this. But I'm sure those die-hard Harry Potter book readers will be frustrated by this.)

Overall, I loved the movie. I have loved everyone of the movies in the series, but I think it could have been a little bit more; more exciting, more emotional, more imaginative. I would definitely recommend it. It's a great movie!

SEE IT!!!