Coming Soon


July 2, 2011

Bridesmaids

Bridesmaids is the hilarious story of what happens in a world where Kristin Wiig and Maya Rudolph are best friends and planning a wedding together. These SNL veterans are hilarious together and I will probably love any film/skit/performance that they do together! Rudolph and Wiig play childhood friends who struggle with their relationship as they plan Rudolph's character's wedding. The acting is great! The writing is hilarious! The story is a little depressing at times, but I've discovered there must be something funny about misery (almost every comedy film includes plenty of it).

Overall, this is a film that can only be described as over the top, crazy, and  .... the only word I can think of is hilarious! There is no other word to describe it. Wiig's character, Annie, thinks she's at the lowest point in her life when her pastry business goes under, but things only get worse! This adds a lot of humor to the plot, but also made me depressed. Then again it made me feel a lot better about my life, so maybe that was Wiig's goal (she was one of the writers). I am pretty late in seeing this one, so most of you already know it is hysterically funny! It is a bit over the top, but only in true SNL style! If you are one of the few who have not seen this film yet, grab a good friend and buy your tickets now!

SEE IT!